Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Why do they make Christian characters on TV shows SO bad and hypocritical?

Like on Degri for instance there was Darcy. Manny was "loose" and Darcy was such a (insert profanity here) to her because of it. Then there was Mia. She had a daughter and they made it where Darcy was disgusted with the fact that she was a teen mom. I've had a few women in my church who were teen moms but they are a lot older now and they understand that people make mistakes and I understand that. Im not gonna hold it against you. Everytime they put a Christian character on mainstream television show, every single time, they make us out to be a bigot. As a Christian, I find myself being judged more than any other person. I believe that abortion is murder. I dont agree with ity etc. and then as soon as I say something like that...I get blasted beyond belief. Also, on degri they had Marco who was gay and they had the group of Christians come down on him in such a hateful manner. I think its wrong that they stereotype US like that. People are like "you hate gay people!" and that I am wrong. Its like whatever is wrong is right and whatever is right is wrong. Like I said earlier, I dont agree with uality, doesnt mean I hate gay people, I just dont agree with their lifestyle. Doesnt mean im gonna walk up to them and say "YOURE GOING TO HELL" or something like that, No. Doesnt mean im gonna treat them like crap, No. Why dont they start putting Christian characters who actually show love towards people instead of treating them like crap? Do not put us into a category of hateful, judgemental people.

No comments:

Post a Comment