Monday, November 7, 2011

Why is it so hard to be a black conservative.?

Today was the saddest day I have had in a long time. I am a 60 year old black man . I join the Air Force when I was 18 in 1967 ,I served at a time when the liberals make it very hard to feel proud of being in the military and the uniform ,but I hid my true feelings and anger,I serve my time ,I used the G.I. Bill to go to college ,this was was very tough time for a young black man trying to find his way,you had the black panthers the liberals doing they hate thing .believe there was no way I could talk against them or let my true feeling come out ,I did not meet another black person who felt as I did it was a lonely and sad time for me ,I lasted two years ,but I learned to not follow the crowd and think for myself ,this has caused me lots of problems with my family over the years. 1975 I was able get employment with the railroad in New York ,This when I began to find myself and voice ,I worked as a cust serv rep , I love dealing with the people and because the pay was so good it allowed me to do allot of traveling around the country.I was paying so much in taxes and watching some of my relatives who was on welfare who live dam near as good as me .as promotion came and the taxes ,I let my feeling come to the forefront I joined the Republican Party and let my conservative views out,You would thought I killed somebody, friends I had for years eased away for me ,But what hurt the most was my family , I have four brothers and one sister .We had always a close family but once I let my conservative views out they treat me like there is something wrong with , It has gotten so bad my youngest brother has not talked to me for years.But the saddest testimony came today.I have a brother who shares the same birthday as me ,that is another story onto it self ,now even though he is a liberal and I am a conservative for years he and I would have some meaningful talks about our views , but today we talked about the tea party and Obama ,I listen as called the tea party a bunch of racist and Obama the best thing that has happen to this country ,I asked him what makes tea party racist and Obama so great .He talked about he saw on T.V. some signs that was racist in nature so asked him does that make all tea party member racist he said yes ,I ask what about blacks who go to their rallies and that I had gone to few he called me misguided and dangerous but when I told how Obama reminds me of the type of black I watch in the sixties and seventies smooth talkers who made hard for me in uniform and in college everything is fine when it is going his way but watch out when it is not , look when he ran for president I mean everyone loved him white, black,old , young ,he won by a landslide , sure there was a few idiot out ,now two years later if you do not like his policies and you are white you are racist and if you are black god help you ,I said can you see the harm that is doing you ultra liberals are guaranteeing we will never see another black president in our lifetime, he got so mad at me called me some of the foulest name you can imagine and then hang up ,My god this is family....Why is it so hard to be a black conservative ..

No comments:

Post a Comment