Saturday, November 5, 2011

How does a person who is morbidly obese make peace with being single till they lose the weight?

I am a morbidly obese woman. I accept that the average man would never accept me being this big. I don't accept me being this big. After years of being in denial about being a compulsive over-eater I am finally seeking help in that area. Over the years I have tried many diets and programs only to lose weight and gain it back plus more. I finally accepted that the amount of weight I need to lose can't be done through diet and exercise alone or any diet program so I have begun the process to have gastric byp. Even with the surgery it will take 1 - 2 years to reach my goal weight. Before anyone says anything I'm NOT looking to surgery as the magic cure, I know there is much that will be required of me for the rest of my life and have begun making the necessary life style changes. Here's my question with all that being said, how do I make peace with being single till then?

No comments:

Post a Comment